Job Location: Vermont
The Director of Information Services will oversee the management, implementation and use of technology throughout the company, working closely with management to assess and address user and business needs. Areas of responsibility include, but not limited to, the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. Other principal working relationships include Executive Management, Senior Management, all system users and vendor partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds a quality team with individuals who effectively balance client satisfaction with business goals, by effectively recruiting, developing, motivating, and managing.
- Manages the performance of IT systems to determine productivity levels, quality of service and recommends changes to increase reliability, security and availability of systems.
- Leads and/or participates in solution launch teams to plan, test, and implement technologies across all business units in order to meet strategic business goals.
- Collaborates with other functional and technical resources in the organization to create, innovate and implement platforms that enable better software delivery and play a critical role in the implementation of strategic software tools for the business.
Products and Services:
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2014)
- .NET C# (WebAPI, MVC, WPF)
- Xamarin Platform
- Microsoft Active Directory and related services
- Cisco Unified Communications System
- Infrastructure provided by Cisco routing and switching, Dell PowerEdge servers, HP Proliant servers, Dell EqualLogic, Veeam Backup and Replication, ExaGrid EX deduplicating NAS, and the VMware vSphere suite
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role in IT customer service.
- Knowledge of application architecture and technical infrastructure of information systems.
- Experience integrating disparate applications together using provided APIs, direct database integration, or a combination thereof
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases (specifically Microsoft SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Cloud environments a plus.
- Strong project management skills and execution of multiple development projects.
Interested candidates may email their resume to:
or mail to: SymQuest Group: ATTN HR
30 Community Drive, Suite 5
South Burlington, VT 05403
SymQuest Group, Inc. does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, affectional or sexual orientation.